This Privacy Notice applies to personal information BLES Biochemicals Inc., Ontario Corporation number 969789 and whose registered office is at Unit #8 – 60 Pacific Court, London, Ontario N5V 3K4, collects through this website (www.blesbiochem.com) and our mobile apps. Below are highlights of our personal information handling practices. Click here [hyperlink] for our detailed Privacy Notice.
Privacy Notice Highlights
- Information We Collect
We collect your information from the following sources:
- information you give us when you fill out forms, such as during online purchases, customer service inquiries and surveys;
- information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records; and
- information that we collect automatically when you visit our website, such as information about your browser settings and other information collected through cookies.
- How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. For example, we use your information in order to fill your orders, answer your inquiries, authenticate you when you sign into online services, prevent loss and fraud, and analyze our business operations and website performance.
- We use your information for marketing and promotional purposes, including with our promotional partners.
- We combine all the information we collect other than information relating to your browsing history.
- We share information with our affiliates who may be outside of Canada and may be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
- We use third parties to assist us in our operations. We may share your information with these third parties in order to provide services to you such as shipping.
- Your Choices
- The Preference Center allows you to change your communication preferences with respect to e-mail newsletters and notifications of special offers and products.
- You may also close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. We may, however, retain information about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
- How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy question or concern, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed Privacy Notice
- About Us
This website www.blesbiochem.com is operated by BLES Biochemicals Inc. We are located at Unit #8 – 60 Pacific Court, London, Ontario N5V 3K4.
We have appointed a Chief Privacy Officer who is accountable for our personal information handling practices. Our Chief Privacy Officer is [name]. If you have a question or complaint about our personal information handling practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
In this Privacy Notice, the terms “we”, “our” and “us” means BLES Biochemicals Inc.
- Effective Date and Scope
This Privacy Notice is effective as of May 26, 2017.
This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through the following websites and online applications: www.blesbiochem.com .
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. This information includes your personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cellphone number, your image, and may include your age, your income and other similar information when associated with you. Personal information may also be information containing details as to whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or how you have used our website, if we can associate that personal information with you. If you are a business customer or prospective business customer, personal information does not include your title, business address and business telephone number when we use that information to contact you in your business capacity.
We collect personal information from you when you create an account, make a purchase, communicate with us using our web forms to make a request or ask a question, submit a product review, take a survey or otherwise submit personal information to us with your communication. For example, we will request credit card and other identifying information to process a credit card transaction when you purchase a product. We will also ask you for contact information in order to ship your product to you or the recipient that you designate.
We receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, we will receive information from credit card processors regarding whether the credit card details you gave us have been accepted or declined. We will receive information from shipping companies regarding whether the product we shipped was delivered or was undeliverable. We may also acquire information about you from other promotional or marketing companies with whom you shared your information and whom you have allowed to provide information to us.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. Some examples include:
- to register your account;
- to authenticate you when you log into your account;
- to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- to communicate with you about your requests;
- to recommend or to offer you other products and services based on your inferred interests;
- to communicate with you regarding customer service issues and any product recalls or warranty service; and
- to protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
We retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected the information or as required by law. We maintain a records retention and destruction program to destroy information when it is no longer needed or required.
- Personalized Offers and Web Analytics
We also automatically collect information when you visit our website in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to our website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We also collect information about how you browse through our website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our website. For example:
- we use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
- we log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our website and how visitors navigate through our website in order to detect problems, improve our website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers;
- we use information about products that you have clicked on to make suggestions about other products or services that you might be interested in viewing; and
- we track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences about other products and services you might be interested in.
- Your Ad Choices: Interest-Based Advertising
Our website uses small pixel files (small images) and cookies (small text files) to keep track of your browser so that you will be recognized when you visit other websites where our third-party ad management providers may show you advertisements from us based on your visit to our website. Some of these advertisements may be customized to particular products and services that you viewed or they may be based on inferences about products and services that you might be interested in. This is called “interest-based advertising”.
These pixel files and cookies are generally valid for a limited number of days (usually no more than 90 days) and are provided by our ad management providers. We require our ad management providers to participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Ad Choices Program. Visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada: Your AdChoices website (http://www.youradchoices.ca) where you can find out more information about digital advertising and how you can opt-out of interest-based advertising. You can also opt-out of interest-based advertising using the link provided in any of our interest-based advertisements. Look for the Ad Choices icon or other link provided.
Please note that if you opt-out of interest-based advertising you may still see advertisements from us on other websites. However, they will not be customized based on your browsing history on our website. In addition, we will continue to customize our offers of products and services to you when you are on our website unless you block cookies from our website. If you block cookies on our website, certain functions, such as the “shopping cart” will not function properly because our website must recognize you as you move through the checkout process.
- Regarding Children and Minors
Our website and the services offered on our website are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will not knowingly collect personal information about a child under the age of 13.
We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to create accounts, make purchases or enter contests or promotions.
- Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to Others?
We may share your personal information with our service providers that help us with our business operations. For example, we will share information about your shipping address with companies that provide shipping services to us. We share information with service providers who provide us with marketing and promotional services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf unless we or they have obtained your consent.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is necessary for us to collect a debt from you or where we have reason to believe that it is relevant to the investigation or decision to investigate a breach of the laws of Canada, a province or territory of Canada, or a foreign jurisdiction, and we are legally permitted to do so.
- Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information.
- Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be used or stored by us or our service providers outside of Canada. We require that our service providers safeguard your personal information. However, if your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
- Preference Centre
If you register for an account, you will have the option to choose what marketing and promotional e-mails and communications you receive from us. You can also store information such as your home and shipping address and credit card information in order to make future purchases faster. You will also be able to review your order history, past product reviews and track shipments.
You can modify your information by logging into your account and making the requested changes. You cannot modify a product review once it has been submitted. However, you can delete your product review.
You may also choose “close my account” and we will remove your account information from active use. Any product reviews will be listed as from a “former user”.
If you do not re-activate your account within 3 months, we will permanently delete your account. You may also contact us by one of the means set out in “About Us” to make a deletion request. Please note that we still maintain information that you provided to us for audit purposes or to comply with our legal obligations. We may also de-identify your information in order to continue to use it for research and analytics purposes to understand our business, to make product improvements and to make available to third parties. We prohibit our employees and third parties from attempting to re-identify information that we have de-identified.
- How Do You Access and Modify Your Personal Information or Make a Complaint?
If you have an account, log in to access and to modify the personal information stored with your account. If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting access of employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal information to us using our website if you consider that information to be sensitive.
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins
You may be able to access third-party websites through links available on our websites. You may also connect to social networks such as [list sites]. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over those third-party websites and we do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of the hosts of those websites meet our standards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice. Do not transmit personal information using those websites without reading the privacy policies governing those websites.
You may create links between our website and social networking sites. If you do so, we may be able to publish updates about our products and services to your social network account through the links that you establish. You may terminate those links at any time by modifying your social network account.
If you are logged into a social networking site when visiting our page, your visit to our website will be personalized based on your social networking profile.
- Notice to Persons Outside of Canada
This Privacy Notice is layered so that there is a summary first of basic information that is presented in simple short paragraphs. A more detailed notice follows. Depending on the design and functionality of the website, the Privacy Notice sections could be hyperlinked to allow an individual to “drill down” on areas that are of particular concern to the individual.